Marketing a Security Firm
10 Powerful Tips for more leads
Any time you are going to do marketing for a security firm, you have to think methodically: What do the people want and what does Google want. This article shares basic strategies for marketing a security firm in 2022
How to market your security guard company online:
1. Send email marketing updates on interesting news or events happening in both the Security industry and outside it.
2. Introduce new hires on social media so that everyone can get familiar with them sooner than later.
1) Start by reading marketing blogs
There’s no shortage of marketing blogs out there on which you can feed your marketing muscles. I recommend getting started with some of our favorites, including (but certainly not limited to) Seth Godin’s Marketing in Your Car, Kissmetrics’ Copyblogger, CrazyEgg’s Marketing Experiments, and Moz’s Whiteboard Friday. Each offers valuable lessons about everything from conversion rate optimization to content marketing to direct mail campaigns.
2) Build an Email List
3) Use Video Marketing to Get Leads
Video marketing is one of your strongest assets as a security company. Consumers are increasingly using video content, such as YouTube and other streaming video services, to get information about products and services they’re interested in. It’s no wonder why most companies have adopted video marketing; according to Forrester Research, 84% of consumers find online videos helpful when making purchasing decisions. But how do you reach these potential customers? Start by putting together compelling video ads that highlight benefits and show how a product or service can make their lives easier. Then share them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or whichever social media platforms your audience uses most often. You can also take advantage of platforms designed specifically for business-to-consumer (B2C) companies like SmuleTone, which offers an excellent toolset to help optimize videos before you share them with prospective clients. By taking full advantage of social media marketing tactics like those listed above, you’ll be able to make a real difference in helping people learn more about what it means to be safe.
4) Write Irresistible Headlines
When it comes to getting your reader’s attention, writing an irresistible headline is one of (if not) THE most important things you can do. It’s true that if your headline isn’t interesting enough, few people will bother reading on, but headlines also have another role: they set expectations. If I tell you How to Create Viral Content and Attract Millions of Subscribers, it conjures up images in your mind about what exactly I plan to teach. But if I say How To Land Your First 1,000 Twitter Followers in 60 Days or Less, there are still some big question marks left in my description – including just how hard something like that might be.
5) Create City/ Service Landing Pages
A great landing page is more than just eye-catching. It also has to be effective at enticing visitors to take action—whether that’s signing up for an email list, downloading a whitepaper, or requesting a Security Quote The ideal landing page presents your value proposition upfront and in bold letters. It also needs to compel users to take action and make it easy for them to do so with CTA buttons that are large, clearly visible, and positioned above the fold (and yes, there is above the fold). A good headline can help by hooking visitors right off of the bat, but ultimately it’s your value proposition that will get people reading further. This is why it’s so important—it should highlight what problem you solve. If someone finds your landing page from a search, include relevant keywords here as well. After all, SEO still matters and clickthrough rates will depend on how well optimized your site is for Google and other search engines. Other key components include plenty of white space to prevent information overload, brief yet informative paragraphs about who you are and what you do best, links to social profiles, and clear calls-to-action such as Start Your Free Trial Today or Request Your Consultation Now! Be sure that these CTAs stand out from the rest of your content—they need to really grab attention if they have any hope of working their magic.
6) Own Your Social Media Space
If you’re targeting consumers, it’s essential to have a social media presence. Your website should be your hub for everything else and have links to your other accounts. Facebook and Twitter should be used to build relationships with clients and engage them on an individual level since you can learn more about their needs from there. And of course, we can’t forget about LinkedIn! It’s key that security firms establish a strong online presence because potential clients will see your website links, read what other people say about you on social media sites and even look at any reviews or testimonials provided by past customers. Make sure your profile is complete and up-to-date; you never know when someone might need your services and Google how good your company is!
7) The power of blogging
Before blogs, businesses had to rely on mass media to get their message out. But not anymore. Today, businesses have an opportunity to directly connect with consumers through blogging. And it’s often cheaper than traditional forms of marketing! Here are 10 tips to help you successfully market your security firm through blogging:
- Identify your target audience and determine what they want from your business before you start blogging.
- Choose keywords that match both your business and customer needs so that people can find you when searching online.
- Build relationships by commenting on other blogs in your industry (on topics relevant to your customer base).
- Post valuable content that is relevant to readers in terms of information and how-to advice.
- Share industry news on social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn
- Collaborate with experts in related fields who share similar values and ideals (i.e., disaster relief).
- Be responsive to comments posted on your site; respond thoughtfully and promptly.
- Write about something different every day—the human mind remembers better when we mix up our routines.
- Make sure you embed pictures into posts because many social media users use images as part of search queries (Flickr Creative Commons is a good resource)
- Incorporate multimedia into your marketing efforts—try using YouTube videos that demonstrate product features, demonstrations, or testimonials. Do you enjoy writing? Have ideas of potential stories? Are you passionate about sharing knowledge? If so, blogging may be for you! It takes time and effort to do it well – but anyone can write a few sentences each day.
8) Use Twitter Effectively
Social media can be an effective marketing tool, but it’s not without its pitfalls. Some of these tips are obvious, but others are less so. Overlooking even one small detail could lead to your social media profiles doing more harm than good. Make sure you have a plan in place before jumping into social media marketing! Here are 10 points that all security firms should consider when using Twitter effectively:
1) Create and maintain company accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Using multiple channels is key – don’t limit yourself to just one or two! You never know where potential clients will hang out online. Post updates regularly (daily or every other day) with relevant information such as promotions or new products that relate to your business and services. 2) Talk about your industry. Engage in conversations by using hashtags related to security – you can also follow companies in your industry or trade associations and engage with them. If you see someone tweeting something about security, reach out through @mentions or direct messages (DMs). Participating in discussions not only shows you are interested in talking about your field but also exposes you to add contacts and helps grow awareness of your brand.
3) Don’t forget contests and giveaways!
9) Start a Podcast
When it comes to increasing your visibility and generating new business, creating an educational podcast is one of the most effective ways to do it. It’s doesn’t have to be a long or big production. Record yourself discussing topics relevant to your industry and make these podcasts available on iTunes. Link them on your website or social media platforms so that new leads can easily find you. If you have SEO specialists in-house, make sure they optimize keywords within your podcast title, description, and tags. Remember: People buy from people so don’t be afraid to brand yourself! I like to use Anchor. FM
10) Do your competitive research
Gather as much information about your market and potential customers as possible. You’ll want to know who your competitors are, how you can differentiate yourself from them, what your target audience is and what their needs are, and so on. This marketing plan should serve as a roadmap through which you’ll run your business. It will be far more useful than any other marketing tool you employ. Start by researching common security services and packages that exist today. Do some competitor analysis to see what they’re doing right (and wrong). Figure out how you can do better—and use these findings in your marketing strategy. Once you have a solid understanding of who your competitors are and what they offer, figure out where gaps exist between these providers—in price, service offerings, brand positioning, or customer demographics—and decide if those gaps represent an opportunity that would benefit both consumers and your company (the answer is yes; otherwise there wouldn’t be gaps in the first place). Then go out there and fill those gaps! Target specific individuals or companies with offers tailored to their specific needs or desires.